Wednesday, October 15, 2008

EXPERIENCE AND GWB...

For a long time I continued to be a GWB supporter. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Truthfully, much of that support came because I hold his father and mother in high regard. (Let’s not get started on that. GB is in the history books). But deep within myself I grew more and more uneasy, not only about specific decisions, but about how those decisions were made. I have tried to make some sense out of it.

GWB had 6 years of experience as governor when he was elected. He was known as a politician who had the proven ability to cross party lines, to create consensus between politicians to do what was right for that state. That was actually the main reason I voted for him. When 9/11 occurred, he had been in office as president for only 9 months. As I look back at that time, I think he was so highly affected that it became the overriding cause for the rest of his presidency. I think he was more affected than the average American because, #1 – he was present at ground zero during the height of the rescue efforts. 5 years later when I visited ground zero, I was highly affected. I cannot imagine what those who were there in 2001 went through. #2 – He was a very real target and it was a very close call.

In the end, I believe it was his lack of experience that led to incautious decisions. Experience is Life’s greatest teacher, and for the greatest position in our government, I believe that experience is of tremendous importance. Generally speaking, the more life experience you have, the better equipped you are to deal with life’s difficulties.

I don’t think John McCain is the greatest candidate, but he does have knowledge that comes with experience.

Obama spent 6 years as a state senator, and for the 3 years he has been in the United States Senate he has spent the majority of that time on the road campaigning to be President of the United States. I can't think of a single Utah state senator that I would throw into the presidency fo the US.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Tatia, I loved everything you said. However it has taken me a long time to read all this stuff. Very proud of you - your thoughts are my thoughts only you wrote them down better.

GBART said...

I have always supported Bush. I am very disappointed in many things he has done and not done... but this I believe.... he is an honest and more important, he is a man who loves the lord, and tries diligently to follow his commandments. This is the biggest single reason that the liberals actually hate him and twist every fact possible to make him despised and hated by everyone. Some liberals are good christian, but those in power.... the ultra liberal left are hell bent on taking Christianity out of this nation.
There was a statistic published that stated 80% of the people who voted for Bush went to church every week, and 80% of the people who voted for Kerry never went to church. Whether the numbers are exactly accurate or not, the principle is positively correct.