Wednesday, October 15, 2008

RE: Decision ‘08

I was so impressed by Beth’s post. She has so much intelligence and she is able to verbalize her opinions in a very confident manner. In this characteristic she is very much her mother’s daughter! I was so impressed that I printed it out and used it as my study guide to research my own opinions. Here are the results…

I TOTALLY get why some of the “younger” set are not terribly involved. After all, it is all so confusing, all the information is contradictory, how do I know who is actually telling the truth, it really has nothing to do with my day-to-day living, and really, nobody is going to miss my one little vote. I have these thoughts with EVERY election. It takes effort to vote responsibly, let alone to vote at all.


Facts, Figures, and Misinformation (I tried to find a third word beginning with “F” but I gave up) ALL facts, figures, and numbers can be and ARE slanted to show one candidate in a positive light and the other candidate in a negative light. Not only are they slanted, but I believe these huge numbers in the billions and trillions of dollars do nothing but confuse and distract most of the people. I simply cannot comprehend and therefore cannot attach any significant meaning to such numbers. I know that there are mathematicians and economists and geniuses for whom these numbers are important. I am not one of them, therefore, my decision will not be based on “he said/she said”.

No comments: